Tuesday, April 29, 2008

stretching experiment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is many important attributes to preparing for a work out; making sure you are hydrated, knowing your work out, and stretching. A week ago I thought stretching was pointless and a waste of time. Working out is something I have to fit into my busy schedule, and at the time I thought stretching was just a waste of my precious time. When I stretch before a work out I take fifteen to ten minutes of stretching. I stretch my legs first because they are the most used, I do the butterfly stretch (where you sit with your feet together and push your knees to the ground) or just leg stretches by spreading out my legs and reaching as far as you can. I then move to my arms doing an over head stretch and pretty much what ever part of my body I feel I will work out that day. After my work out is done and over I feel fine no major sore muscles or bad pain. However, a week ago I didn’t feel like stretching and I wanted to see if I noticed a difference in stretching or not. I worked out with my work out buddy Crystal for four hours. We did buns of steel, total body sculpt with Glaud, and several other workouts that focused on thighs. We didn’t bother to stretch and we didn’t think it would affect us later. The next morning it felt like a little troll named bill was holding on to my legs punching them with all his might. This unbearable pain is still with me today (a week later). I have used icy hot and pretty much everything I can think of and it won’t go away. I haven’t lost all hope because I am confident it will fade away with time. I do plan to stretch every time I work out! It doesn’t matter how little time you have a good stretch before a work out is imperative to forming your body’s muscles! The pain is totally not worth it. Due to my little experiment, I now have to waddle to school with a look of agony across my face.

1 comment:

phebe said...

Vanessa,
You are hilarious. Why is the troll's name "Bill"? :) I know what you mean about stretching though. Btw, could you put some more workout video recs on your site? Thanks!
Phebe